Where to Rent Boats, Kayaks, Canoes, and Standup Paddleboards
From ski boats to kayaks to paddleboards, you can rent it in the Highland Lakes. Call ahead to check availability.
• Lake LBJ Resort & Marina, 667 Sandy Mountain Drive in Sunrise Beach Village near the mouth of Sandy Creek — Rents pontoon boats, runabouts, personal watercraft, ski boats, tubes, water skis, and wakeboards. Go to lakelbjfun.com or call (325) 388-9393.
• Lake LBJ Yacht Club and Marina, 200 S. Wirtz Dam Road in Horseshoe Bay — Rents cottages and watercraft as well as towable accessories. Go to lakelbjmarina.com or call (830) 693-9172.
• Log Country Cove, 617 Log Country Cove in Burnet — Rents ski boats, wakeboard boats, pontoons, personal watercraft, canoes, and paddleboats. Go to logcountrycove.com or call (512) 756-9132.
• Splash Boat Rentals, 1924 RR 1431 in Kingsland — Rents ski boats with wakeboard towers. Splash Boat Rentals will deliver and launch on lakes LBJ, Buchanan, Inks, and Marble Falls. Go to splashboatrentals.com or call (325) 388-5000.
• Wave Chasers, 1006 RR 1431 in Kingsland — Rents pontoon boats, ski boats, and personal watercraft. Wave Chasers delivers to Lake LBJ, Inks Lake, and Lake Buchanan. Go to wavechaserskingslandtx.com or call (325) 248-3865.
• Worry B Gone Cruises on Lake LBJ — Offers customized cruises on a 21-foot pontoon boat. Cruises last 2½ hours. Go to worrybgonecruises.com or call (830) 798-5716.
Standup paddleboards, canoes, and kayaks
• Blanco State Park, 101 Park Road 23 in Blanco — You can explore the Blanco River by renting a single or double kayak at the park. Call (830) 833-4333.
• Canyon of the Eagles resort, 16942 RR 2341 on northern Lake Buchanan — You can rent a kayak from the resort’s store and explore the northern reaches of Lake Buchanan. Rentals are available Friday-Sunday. Call (512) 334-2070 to reserve a kayak. Go to canyonoftheeagles.com for more information.
• Captain Shawn’s Kayak Rentals, 443 Waterway Lane in Silver Creek (on northeast shore of Lake Buchanan) — Known for the Vanishing Texas River Cruise, Capt. Shawn Devaney also rents singe and double kayaks and canoes at the Vanishing Texas Kayak Livery on Beaver Creek. Go to captainshawnskayaks.com or call (512) 756-6986.
• Castell General Store, 19522 RR 152 West in Castell — Rents kayaks on the Llano River. Call (325) 247-4100 or find the store on Facebook.
• Colorado Bend State Park, located outside of Bend — With 6 miles of Colorado River frontage, there’s a lot of water to explore. The park rents single and double kayaks. Call (325) 628-3240.
• Inks Lake State Park, 3630 Park Road 4 West in Burnet — Along with canoe, kayak, and paddleboat rentals, the staff routinely holds canoe and kayak programs so you can learn the ins and outs of paddling. Call (512) 793-2223.
• Jolly Rodgers Paddle Co., 120 Main St. in Marble Falls — Rents standup paddleboards on Lake Marble Falls. It also offers single kayaks and paddleboats. Go to jollyrodgerstx.com or call (830) 385-3819.
• Just Yakin' Kayaks — Offers rentals in the Highland Lakes. Go to justyakin.com or call (325) 665-1208 or (325) 668-2536.
• LCRA parks — Two LCRA parks offer kayak and paddleboard rentals: Black Rock Park, 3400 Texas 261 in Buchanan Dam, and Muleshoe Bend Recreation Area, 2820 CR 414 in Spicewood. Go to lcra.org.
Find more articles like this in Lakes