Where to Rent Boats, Kayaks, Canoes, and Standup Paddleboards
From ski boats to kayaks to paddleboards, you can rent it in the Highland Lakes. Call ahead to check availability.
BOAT & WATERCRAFT RENTALS
- Lake LBJ Resort, Marina & Country Club, 667 Sandy Mountain Drive in Sunrise Beach Village near the mouth of Sandy Creek — Rents pontoon boats, runabouts, personal watercraft, ski boats, tubes, water skis, and wakeboards. Go to lakelbjfun.com or call 325-388-9393.
- Lake LBJ Yacht Club and Marina, 200 S. Wirtz Dam Road in Horseshoe Bay — Rents watercraft and towable accessories. Go to lakelbjmarina.com or call 830-693-9172.
- Splash Boat Rentals, 1924 RR 1431 in Kingsland — Rents ski boats with wakeboard towers. Will deliver and launch on lakes LBJ, Buchanan, Inks, and Marble Falls. Go to splashboatrentals.com or call 325-388-5000.
- Wave Chasers, 1006 RR 1431 in Kingsland — Rents pontoon boats, ski boats, and personal watercraft. Delivers to lakes LBJ, Inks, and Buchanan. Go to wavechaserskingslandtx.com or call 325-248-3865.
STANDUP PADDLEBOARDS, CANOES, KAYAKS
- Blanco State Park, 101 Park Road 23 in Blanco — Rents single and double kayaks on the Blanco River. Go to tpwd.texas.gov or call 830-833-4333.
- Captain Shawn’s Kayak Rentals, 443 Waterway Lane in Silver Creek on the northeastern shore of Lake Buchanan — Known for Vanishing Texas River Cruises, Capt. Shawn Devaney also rents single and double kayaks and canoes at Vanishing Texas Kayak Livery on Beaver Creek. Go to captainshawnskayaks.com or call 512-756-6986.
- Castell General Store, 19522 RR 152 West in Castell — Rents kayaks on the Llano River. Go to castellgeneralstore.com or call 325-247-4100.
- Colorado Bend State Park, located outside of Bend — Rents single and double kayaks for use on the Colorado River. Go to tpwd.texas.gov or call 325-628-3240.
- Inks Lake State Park, 3630 Park Road 4 West in Burnet — Rents canoes, single and double kayaks, paddleboats, and life vestsand offers canoe and kayak learning programs. Go to tpwd.texas.gov or call 512-793-2223.
- Just Yakin' Kayaks — Offers rentals in the Highland Lakes. Delivers on any local lake or river. Go to justyakin.com or call 325-665-1208 or 325-668-2536.
- LCRA Parks — Black Rock Park, 3400 Texas 261 in Buchanan Dam, and Muleshoe Bend Recreation Area, 2820 CR 414 in Spicewood, both rent kayaks and paddleboards. Go to lcra.org/parks or call Black Rock at 512-369-4774 or Muleshoe Bend at 512-473-3366.
- WaterTrek Rentals booth at Lakeside Park, 305 Buena Vista Drive in Marble Falls — Rents single and double kayaks, standup paddleboards, and a hydrobike. Not open daily; check its hours online at watertrekrentals.com.
Find more articles like this in Play