Where to Rent Boats, Kayaks, Canoes, and Standup Paddleboards
From ski boats to kayaks to paddleboards, you can rent it in the Highland Lakes. Call ahead to check availability.
BOAT & WATERCRAFT RENTALS
- Lake LBJ Resort, Marina & Country Club, 667 Sandy Mountain Drive in Sunrise Beach Village near the mouth of Sandy Creek — Rents pontoon boats, runabouts, personal watercraft, ski boats, tubes, water skis, and wakeboards. Go to lakelbjfun.com or call 325-388-9393.
- Lake LBJ Yacht Club and Marina, 200 S. Wirtz Dam Road in Horseshoe Bay — Rents watercraft as well as towable accessories. Go to lakelbjmarina.com or call 830-693-9172.
- Log Country Cove, 617 Log Country Cove in Burnet — Rents ski boats, wakeboard boats, pontoons, personal watercraft, canoes, and paddleboats. Go to logcountrycove.com or call 512-756-9132.
- Splash Boat Rentals, 1924 RR 1431 in Kingsland — Rents ski boats with wakeboard towers. Splash Boat Rentals will deliver and launch on lakes LBJ, Buchanan, Inks, and Marble Falls. Go to splashboatrentals.com or call 325-388-5000.
- Wave Chasers, 1006 RR 1431 in Kingsland — Rents pontoon boats, ski boats, and personal watercraft. Wave Chasers delivers to Lake LBJ, Inks Lake, and Lake Buchanan. Go to wavechaserskingslandtx.com or call 325-248-3865.
- Worry B Gone Cruises on Lake LBJ — Offers customized cruises on a 21-foot pontoon boat. Cruises last 2½ hours. Go to worrybgonecruises.com or call 830-798-5716.
STANDUP PADDLEBOARDS, CANOES, KAYAKS
- Blanco State Park, 101 Park Road 23 in Blanco — Rents single and double kayaks on the Blanco River. Call 830-833-4333.
- Captain Shawn’s Kayak Rentals, 443 Waterway Lane in Silver Creek on the northeastern shore of Lake Buchanan — Known for Vanishing Texas River Cruises, Capt. Shawn Devaney also rents single and double kayaks and canoes at Vanishing Texas Kayak Livery on Beaver Creek. Go to captainshawnskayaks.com or call 512-756-6986.
- Castell General Store, 19522 RR 152 West in Castell — Rents kayaks on the Llano River. Call 325-247-4100 or search for the store on Facebook.
- Colorado Bend State Park, located outside of Bend — Rents single and double kayaks for use on the Colorado River. Call 325-628-3240.
- Inks Lake State Park, 3630 Park Road 4 West in Burnet — Rents canoes, kayaks, and paddleboats and offers regular canoe and kayak programs on the ins and outs of paddling. Call 512-793-2223.
- Just Yakin' Kayaks — Offers rentals in the Highland Lakes. Go to justyakin.com or call 325-665-1208 or 325-668-2536.
- LCRA parks — Black Rock Park, 3400 Texas 261 in Buchanan Dam, and Muleshoe Bend Recreation Area, 2820 CR 414 in Spicewood, both rent kayaks and paddleboards. Go to lcra.org.
Find more articles like this in Play