How to have a Highland Lakes Mother’s Day
Make this Mother’s Day extra special by giving a gift with a Highland Lakes twist. Here are just a few ideas from our team of shopping experts.
- Pre-ordered pie from Blue Bonnet Cafe at bluebonnetcafe.net/preorderpies. Pick it up at the restaurant at 211 U.S. 281 North in Marble Falls. You can call the cafe at 830-693-2344.
- Cookies, cake, and more at Sugar Mama Cookies, 307 Main St., Suite B, in Marble Falls. Call 512-547-2033.
- World’s greatest toffee made on site at Choccolatte’s, 807 Third St. in Marble Falls. Call 830-613-6985.
- Goodies from Gude’s Bakery & Deli, 307 W. Polk St. in Burnet. Call 512-715-9903.
BRING ON THE BRUNCH
- Super Sunday brunch at Oli’s Kitchen on Main Street, 205 Main St. in Marble Falls. Open from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday. Call 512-939-3500 for reservations.
- Mother’s Day Picnic in the Vineyard on May 7-11 at Flat Creek Estate Winery & Vineyard. Menu includes your choice of house wine, cheese plate, 9-inch quiche (spinach bacon or spring veggie), and chocolate truffle for Mom. Make reservations online.
- Find her favorite color and then fill a basket with candy, nail polish, and more in that shade.
- Choose her favorite candies and snacks and arrange them in a colorful basket or wrapped box. You can even go healthy with your choices (but it never hurts to add a bit of decadent chocolate, too).
DIY GIFTS TO TREASURE
- Make a painted bead bracelet or necklace using one large wooden bead per child, human or furry. Let the kids paint a bead to represent themselves and decorate a few more if desired. String the beads on a piece of ribbon, knotting the ends together.
- Plant herbs in several small clay pots that have been decorated by the kids. Tie on a ribbon or insert a ribbon on a stick for an added touch.
- Get out the finger paints for handprinted pictures in the shape of hearts, owls, flowers — wherever your imagination takes you. Write "Happy Mother’s Day," including kids’ names and the year at the bottom, and then frame it. Be sure the names and year shows up after framing.
- Find or purchase smooth river rock stones and paint them as colorful ladybugs, exotic patterns, pets, hearts, flowers, or stars. Add a packet of flower or veggie seeds and a pair of pretty garden gloves to make it a spring special.
- Recreate a famous painting in real life. Snap a photo, print, and frame. Get creative and have fun! Check out this Pinterest page for ideas.
Check out the 101HighlandLakes.com Support Local page for restaurants and order in a family meal. Set up a picnic in the yard and enjoy the weather!
Find more articles like this in Shop