Mother’s Day Gift Ideas That Are Homegrown in the Hill Country
Those shopping for Mother's Day gifts are often men and children, and, sometimes, they might need a little bit of, um, inspiration.
Here are a few ideas for gifts that will cause tears of joy from any mother, and they are made right here in the Highland Lakes and the Texas Hill Country.
• Cookies will brighten anyone's day, and a cookie beautifully made and decorated by someone else tastes so good to a busy mom! Look for a local bakery. We recommend Sugar Mama Cookies in Marble Falls — but get there early as they sell out quickly and are only open 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Thursdays and Fridays and 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturdays.
• Chocolate is truly a girl's best friend, and a mother is entitled to the best. Check out the goods at Choccolatte's in downtown Marble Falls. Its specialty is English toffee, but the chocolate is delightful!
• Coffee is high on a mom's list of “must haves.” Truly special moms deserve truly special coffee. Pick up a cup of her favorite Joe — or a gift card — at Numinous Coffee Roasters in Marble Falls, Mojo Coffee in Marble Falls, Mojo Coffee in Burnet, Unshakable Grounds in Burnet, or any other local coffee shop.
• A Texas Pecan Cake will go nicely with that cup of coffee. You can find these award-winning cakes at The Texas Pecan Cake Shop in Bertram.
• Hand pick a Texas wildflowers bouquet for a gift that is home-grown (and free!)A great Mother’s Day gift doesn’t always have to be something you can wrap, it can be a meal or an outing the whole family can enjoy. Here are a few local events that we know of that are special for Mother’s Day:
• At Mojo’s Coffee in Marble Falls, moms drink free from 5 a.m.-10 p.m. Sunday, May 13.
• Perissos Vineyard and Winery in Burnet is having Mother’s Day in the Vines, which includes a picnic for two from noon-5 p.m. Sunday, May 13.
• Flat Creek Estate and Winery in Marble Falls is holding Mother’s Day Brunch Overlooking The Vineyard from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday, May 13.
• Fall Creek Vineyards in Tow is serving a Mother’s Day luncheon at noon Sunday, May 13. Reservations are required.
• Canyon of the Eagles in Burnet is offering a three-course Mother’s Day lunch from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday, May 13. Reservations are encouraged.
• Enchanted Rock State Natural Area is holding a Mother’s Day wildflower walk at 2 p.m. Sunday, May 13.
• The Globe Theatre in Bertram is showing “Steel Magnolias” on the silver screen at 7 p.m. Saturday, May 12.
Find more articles like this in Shop