Burnet's Christmas on the Square filled with festivities
Burnet celebrates the season during Christmas on the Square on Saturday, Dec. 10. The downtown event is from noon to 8 p.m.
Enjoy a parade with Santa, manmade snow, live entertainment, vendors, and more.
The schedule includes:
- All day — vendors, entertainment, and Christmas music
- Noon — Christmas parade (register at the link)
- 12:30-4:30 p.m. — Snow on the Square with a play area and slide
- 1-4 p.m. — Photos with Santa Claus
- 4:30 p.m. — Bicycle raffle (child must be present to win)
In the evening, go back in time at two nearby events:
- Christmas at Fort Croghan — See how the pioneers celebrated the holiday. Frontier cabins from the 1850s will be decked out with rustic charm and occupied by volunteers in period dress. A soup and cornbread dinner with cider, coffee, and water is $5 for ages 6 and older. The event is from 5-8 p.m. at Fort Croghan Museum and Grounds, 703 Buchanan Drive in Burnet. Admission is free.
- Main Street Bethlehem — First Baptist Church of Burnet re-enacts the original Christmas story. Roam the streets of a life-size recreation of the ancient town of Bethlehem among townspeople, Roman soldiers, merchants, and more as you make your way to the manger, where Mary and Joseph tend to the baby Jesus. The event is from 6-9 p.m. Dec. 9-11 at 300 E. Washington St. in Burnet. Admission is free.
You can also walk through a winter wonderland at the three Trail of Lights displays:
- Burnet County Courthouse, 220 S. Pierce St.
- Hamilton Creek Park, located on Jackson Street one block west of U.S. 28
- Wallace Riddell Park, located at Texas 29 east and Rhomberg Street
Visit the Burnet Chamber of Commerce's Christmas in Burnet webpage for a full schedule and more information.
Find more articles like this in 101 News
Leave a reply