Fiesta Jam 2022 a songwriters' showcase of big hits
Fiesta Jam at Old Oak Square in downtown Marble Falls on Oct. 1 will feature the music and stories from several successful Nashville and Texas songwriters.
Legendary artists such as George Strait, Dwight Yoakum, and Reba McEntire — to name a few — have recorded hits by these songwriters, so you'll definitely be singing along.
The lineup is:
- Kostas — The Nashville Songwriters Hall of Famer has written hits for Patty Loveless, Dwight Yoakum, George Strait, Travis Tritt, and The Chicks.
- Helen Darling — The Grammy Award-nominated songwriter has had songs recorded by Jo Dee Messina with Tim McGraw, Reba McEntire, and Little Big Town and has herself recorded with Garth Brooks, Lee Roy Parnell, and Delbert McClinton.
- Walt Wilkins — The Texas troubadour, songwriter, guitarist, and producer has had songs recorded by Pat Green, Kenny Rogers, Ricky Skaggs, Josh Grider, Eric Church, and Perfect Strangers and won Song of the Year from the International Bluegrass Music Association. Click the link to stream his latest album "Pedernales."
- John Arthur Martinez — The Highland Lakes singer-songwriter and international touring artist was a runner-up in the first season of "Nashville Star" in 2003. He has had songs recorded by Alan Jackson, Flaco Jimenez, and Raulo Malo.
- Mike Blakely — An author of more than 20 books, including novels co-written with Willie Nelson and Kenny Rogers, Blakely has had songs recorded by Alan Jackson, Cody Johnson, Gary P. Nunn, Red Steagall, Johnny Rodriguez, and Johnny Bush. He also won a Spur Award for Best Western Novel. He and Martinez often perform together at Highland Lakes venues.
A limited number of tickets for Fiesta Jam are $40 each. A question-and-answer session with the artists starts at 7 p.m. Music follows at 7:30 p.m. Food and drinks will be available at the event. Old Oak Square is located at Main and Third streets in the historic downtown Marble Falls next to plenty of shops and restaurants.
Find more articles like this in 101 News
Leave a reply