Highland Lakes Rodeos
Here in Texas, you can't say you've had a good summer unless you attend at least one — well, maybe two or three — rodeos. Competitors with talents ranging from bull doggin’ to barrel racing fill the small-town arenas in spring and summer. These family-friendly events offer rugged rodeo action, calf scrambles, mutton bustin’ for the kids, and, of course, some extra-tough fellas who think it's fun to bother a bull. There will be some clowning around, too. A Highland Lakes rodeo isn’t complete without doing the two-step at the dance afterward.
It might get a little dusty, but the riders, wranglers, animal athletes, and the band can certainly wow a crowd.
Here’s a list of 2022 rodeos:
- LAMPASAS RIATA ROUNDUP, April 28-30 at the FM 580 Sports Complex, 2351 FM 580 in Lampasas
- BURNET COUNTY RODEO, May 13-14 at the Burnet County Fairgrounds and Rodeo Arena, 1301 Houston Clinton Drive in Burnet
- LLANO OPEN-PRO RODEO, June 3-4 at the John L. Kuykendall Event Center and Arena, 2200 RR 152 in Llano
- STONEWALL PEACH JAMBOREE AND RODEO, June 17-18 at the JAMboree grounds, 250 Peach St. in Stonewall
- MARBLE FALLS OPEN/PRO RODEO, July 15-16 at the Charley Taylor Rodeo Arena, located a mile south of Lake Marble Falls on U.S. 281
- BLANCO COUNTY RODE), Aug. 19-20 at the Blanco County Fairgrounds, 619 U.S. 281 in Johnson City