Halloween Weekend Picks
Halloween weekend is filled with fun and festivity in the Highland Lakes. Here is what is happening this weekend along with a host of haunts to get your treat on this October 29-31:
- Downtown Derby in Marble Falls, October 30-31. Adult soapbox derby car racers scream down the Third Street hill in downtown. All ages. Free to attend.
- Celebrate at the first ever Día de los Muertos Festival in Granite Shoals, October 30. The event includes a Trunk-or-Treat, Day of the Dead La Calavera Catrina Pageant, Parade of Lanterns, and Street Dance. All ages. Free to attend.
- Llano River Pumpkin Float in Llano, October 30. All are welcome to bring a carved pumpkin to float at this annual event. All ages. Free to attend.
- The Texas Marigold Market is October 29-30 and Marigold Dance is October 30 in Blanco. The weekend caps off the inaugural Texas Marigold Festival.
- Murder on the Petulant Express at Trail Blazer Grille in Burnet is October 29. Mystery is in the air during this dinner theater event on Burnet's Historic Courthouse Square.
- The City of Marble Falls hosts a Halloween Movie in the Park featuring the season classic Hocus Pocus. Bring a chair or a blanket and get cozy at the Johnson Park Amphitheater. Family friendly and free to attend.
- Does my bass look big? The biggest bass takes the prize at the Lunker Series Big Bass Tournament October 30 at Wake Point LBJ in Kingsland.
- Brass Hall welcomes Michael Salgado, October 30. The talented singer/accordianist brings Tejano/Norteño to Marble Falls.
- Spider Mountain Bike Park celebrates Spiderween, October 29-31. The Burnet area mountain bike park gets its creep on.
Haunted Houses, Fall Festivals, and Trunk-or-Treats:
- Haunted House at Marble Falls VFD Friday, October 29 from 6-9 p.m.
- Zombie Jail Break at Kingsland Community Park Saturday & Sunday, October 30-31.
- Granite Shoals Trunk-or-Treat Saturday, October 30 3-4 p.m.
- Fall Fest at Life Marble Falls Saturday, Oct. 30 4-6 p.m.
- Fall Festival Trunk-or-Treat at FUMC Burnet Saturday, Oct. 30 5:30-8:30 p.m.
- Fall-O-Ween Fest & Trunk-or-Treat FUMC Marble Falls Sunday, Oct. 31 4-6 p.m.
- Halloween in the Park at Lakeside Park in Marble Falls Sunday, Oct. 31 5-8 p.m.
- Haunted House & Trunk-or-Treat at Cottonwood Shores VFD Sunday, Oct. 31 6 p.m.
- Halloween on Vaughan Street in Bertram Sunday, Oct. 31 5:30-8 p.m.
- Trick or Treat on the Johnson City Courthouse Square Sunday, Oct. 31 4-6 p.m.
You can always find out what's going on in the area by checking the 101 Highland Lakes Events Calendar.
Find more articles like this in See