The Highland Lakes is wine country
Thanks to the area's climate and geography, you can explore the bouquet and flavors of several wineries from Fredericksburg to Marble Falls.
National Geographic even ranked one of the area wineries on its top 10 list for visiting. The area's wine tourism has boomed, trailing only Napa Valley in the United States.
Here’s a list of some of the wineries in the Highland Lakes:
- Fall Creek Vineyards, 1820 CR 222 in Tow, 325-379-5361, fcv.com
- Farmhouse Vineyards, 402 E. Main St. in Johnson City, 830-282-4249, farmhousevineyard.com
- Fiesta Winery, 309 Main St., No. 9, in Marble Falls, 830-637-7702, fiestawinery.com
- Flat Creek Estate Vineyard and Winery, 24912 Singleton Bend East off RR 1431 east of Marble Falls, 512-267-6310, flatcreekestate.com; also see Flat Creek Enoteca, 112 U.S. 218 in Marble Falls, 830-637-7123, flatcreekenoteca.com
- KFire Winery and Vineyard, 3059 CR 212 in Bertram, 512-489-2929, kfirewineryandvineyard.com
- Lewis Wines, 3209 U.S. 290 West in Johnson City, 512-987-0660, lewiswines.com
- Perissos Vineyard and Winery, 7214 Park Road 4 West in Burnet County, 512-820-2950, perissosvineyards.com
- Ron Yates, 6676 U.S. 290 West in Johnson City, 512-585-3972, ronyateswines.com
- Round Mountain Vineyards, 1758 Lincoln Smith Road in Round Mountain, roundmountainvineyard.com
- Spicewood Vineyards, 1419 CR 409 in Spicewood, 830-693-5328, spicewoodvineyards.com
- Stone House Vineyard, 24350 Haynie Flat Road in Spicewood, 512-264-3630, stonehousevineyard.com
- Texas Hills Vineyard, 878 RR 2766 in Johnson City, 830-868-2321, texashillsvineyard.com
- Torr Na Lochs, 7055 Texas 29 West in Burnet, 512-766-0555, torrnalochs.com
- Wedding Oak Winery, 229 S. Pierce St. in Burnet, 512-715-3303, weddingoakwinery.com
- Westcave Cellars Winery, 25711 Hamilton Pool Road in Round Mountain, 512-431-1403, westcavecellars.com
Another great resource for Hill Country wines and wineries is the Texas Wine Trail website at texaswinetrail.com, where you can get more information on individual winery events and the Texas Wine Trail's calendar.
Find more articles like this in Eat & Drink